Tuesday, February 3, 2009

when in rome

So I changed the look of my page today to pay homage to the upcoming holiday known as Valentine's Day. I've seen pink and red ads and commercials all over the place so I figured I should join the band wagon. I've noticed that people (in general) tend to either love (no pun intended) this holiday or hate it with a fiery passion from hell. I consider myself to be in the middle of this spectrum. I've never really had an awesome Valentine's Day in the romantic sense, but that doesn't really bother me. I know people say you should tell people you love that you love them everyday but I think it's nice there's a special holiday to celebrate it! I haven't had a Valentine since my senior year in high school which is kind of depressing when I actually type it out. But I'm okay (at this point in my life) with the fact that I will get a Valentine's card from my mom, dad, and grandma (and my grandma usually gives me like $20 which is always a plus!). I know that my family and friends love me, and although I don't have a significant other to spend the holiday with I'm still kind of excited about it.

Now I realize some of you may be completely dreading this holiday this year, but just remember the people that DO love you unconditionally and always will! Your lovely friends and awesome families!! 

And I'm not even sure why I am so excited about it. I honestly shouldn't be, I'm kind of a sad lonely loser if you will. Maybe it's because I have been very optimistic concerning my love life in the past few weeks, or maybe I'm just taking crazy pills.... who knows. I'll find someone out there that meets my standards and likes me back somewhere soon..... right?

2 comments:

jamfla said...

I hate your theme with a fiery passion. But I love you sexually, so I guess it's okay.

KT said...

I have to agree. I am a hate with a firey passion type person when it comes to a lot of things, including the idea of Valentines day. I think this year I might make Sarah go to a movie with me like "He's just not that into you" since I have too many guys I'm stalking and need to realize they have no idea I exist!