Thursday, February 12, 2009

flat tire... not to be confused with the delicious beverage known as fat tire


So i got out of my car on Tuesday night, after making the long journey around the block. I only drove my car so that I could switch parking from one side of the road to the other (which I have to do EVERY night) so that I wouldn't get a parking ticket. As I'm pulling up to the curb I feel and hear my car run over something. I get out and go around the passenger side to make sure my tires are okay.... They arent. I could hear the air gushing out of the front passenger tire and see a huge piece of glass sticking out the top of it.... oops. It was about 9 at night so I just let my car sit there and prepared to have a flat tire in the morning and deal with it then. I haven't changed a tired since I was in high school so I was nervous. Luckily Derek helped me yesterday. So we put the sweet donut in place of the slashed tire and I headed off to Wal-Mart. I had contacted my dad because I figured I would have to buy a new tire and I have never done that before. I've gotten my tire repaired for slow leaks plenty of times but never a hole that the air gushed out of like this, so I figured the hole would be too big to patch. So I talked to my dad and he told me to buy 2 tires instead of one, he never buys just one tire, which I figured was going to run me at least $200. I went to Wal-Mart and luckily the totally patched it for $10.17 and it's good as new! I was so excited because I thought I was going to be even more broke than I already was. Yay for Wal-Mart and for Derek helping me change my tire! AND for my dad telling me after I got it repaired that he had planned on paying for the 2 new tires anyway if I needed to get them!


No comments: