
So I attended the New Kids on the Block concert in Moline, Illinois on April 2nd, 2009 which started at approximately 7:30 p.m! I did not write about this glorious event in my life until now because I knew that Dru and Jam were going to the same concert last night in Des Moines and I didn't want to spoil any part of the experience.
I distinctly remember the night when I was home in FM and my friend Nissa and I were out at the bar and she got excited and mentioned that NKOTB were going to be playing close to us and we should go. I immediately agreed with her! She ended up getting the tickets a couple weeks later. When I asked her how much the tickets were she said around $60. I remember thinking to myself that that was quite a bit of money, being as I don't have any form of income this semester and I used to be an avid rock concert goer and the average price of rock concert tickets is usually less than $35. She told me she could find someone else to go to the concert, but I sucked it up and forked over the $75 (there are always hidden surcharges and fees added to the price of the ticket).
So last Thursday we headed to Davenport at about 1:30 in the afternoon. We also went with two other girls, one is married to the brother of one of my friends and the other girl I had met once briefly but did not really remember that well. We decided to stop and eat at Hooter's before the concert. After that we still had time to kill so we went to the mall for about an hour. We then headed over the bridge to the concert. I was curious to see what the crowd was going to be like. It was just how I expected, 90% of the crowd was women, 9% were little girls, and 1% were gay guys. I think I saw about 10 straight guys at the whole concert.
The Jabbawokeez opened up for the New Kids. I thought this was a brilliant idea. They were highly entertaining but didn't drag on too long, and the tear down and set up time betweeen them and NKOTB was minimal because there were not instruments and what not to be moved and taken down.
When the lights went back down for New Kids I seriously felt like I was 9 years old again. I was so excited and giddy it was ridiculous! So here are my overall observations and critiques of the concert:
1. It was amazing! I had such a blast it was ridiculous!
2. I was so excited at how many of their old songs they played! I figured most of the music would be from the new album.
3. I loved how they did the original dance moves too!
4. Danny is ripped!
5. Jon didn't really seem like he wanted to be there.
6. Joey and Jordan still got it!
7. The concert only solidified my choice as a young girl.... I am STILL in love with Donnie! I remember when I was little that everyone was always in love with Jordan.. but I was then and still am a sucker for the bad boy of the group.

8. If I go to another concert I will pay the $700 to sit in the front row if it means I get to make out with Donnie like the girl at our concert did!!! So jealous!
9. I was going to get a Donnie button when the show ended but all they had left was Jordan, Jon, or Danny :(
10. All in all the concert was amazing and I had a blast. Before the concert I had had a rough week of drinking and a sore throat, so half way through the concert I literally couldn't talk at all!
9. I was going to get a Donnie button when the show ended but all they had left was Jordan, Jon, or Danny :(
10. All in all the concert was amazing and I had a blast. Before the concert I had had a rough week of drinking and a sore throat, so half way through the concert I literally couldn't talk at all!
1 comment:
picturing you at the new kids on the block concert makes me smile! Im glad that you had such a good time "rocking out" because new kids on the block had a buncha hits :) I cant believe that some girl made out with donnie! That is craziness...
Also i think zach thinks im less crazy now that he saw that you had a blog too..he said, is this all stuff allie wrote? um YEA zach. Then he read all your old stuff and laughed at the google post and the ipod post :)
Post a Comment