So as of yesterday I am officially done with my interviews for my thesis. I am done collecting data! Now I just have to analyze it and write about it. I still have to finish transcribing the interviews but that shouldn’t take too long because I actually enjoy doing that a little bit. I then have to start coding the interviews and pulling out themes and topics that are discussed within the interviews. After that I will have to write, revise, and rewrite (probably 10 times) the Methods, Results, and Conclusion sections of my thesis. Then I defend it and I’m done! Now that I type it out it kind of seems like quite a lot to do still, but at least getting the interviews done allows me to cross one more thing of my “thesis to-do” list.
I am officially not going to graduate until August or maybe even December, but I will be done way before I get my actual diploma, so I need to start applying for jobs. As of now I am going to go back to Fort Madison at the beginning of May and work at Halls for the summer to make some money and start saving for a move somewhere else or a motorcycle (whichever tickles my fancy). But I also want to start applying for real jobs right away and hopefully get my foot in the door.
I have two main dilemmas. 1) I’m not exactly sure which types of jobs I should be applying for. However this dilemma is easily remedied by the fact that I’m going to just apply for anything I am qualified for because I just want to get a job (with any luck it will be one with health insurance!) Plus when I was talking about how I like transcribing, I think that I am going to try to work for a couple years and make money and all that, and then apply to an online program to be a Court Reporter. I really think I would like that job and they make pretty decent money and you can do the degree online in 2 years.
My second dilemma – Where should I live/look for jobs? I have realized in the past couple of years that I don’t think I am a big city girl like I once though. I really do like Fort Madison and the small town atmosphere. I like that I don’t have to plan an extra hour or two into travel time for simple tasks and errands like you have to do in places like Chicago. I also like the fact that my family is in Fort Madison. I am also not sure if I could move somewhere that I don’t know anyone. But the biggest problem with staying in FM is that I am not confident that I will find a guy there. This could be untrue, but I feel like I’ve met everyone there and I just don’t feel that anyone there is right for me. Hopefully I’m wrong! But I don’t want to settle for someone that is less than what I want or deserve just for the sake of staying in my comfort zone in FM. So I am perplexed. What should I do?
1 comment:
you should move to pella and be my -in the same town as me- friend! hmm i dont know what you should do- it would be hard to leave your family but i can see how you would feel like trying somewhere else too! you could get your motorcycle and travel around on it- like hippie style...
Post a Comment