Tuesday, March 3, 2009

in regards to KT's recent post

So I just read KT's post about how she has been looking for some type of book club or something. So I have an idea that I turned down because I didn't know if I knew 6 people that would actually do it. But I don't think it's too late to join. My mom got a book chain letter type thing. You only have to send one of your books that you own (and of course you enjoyed) to one person, the chain letter thing works as they always have. You must then send the letter to 6 people you know that will also be willing to send one book to the person on the list. In the end it turns out you get 36 books for the price of sending one of yours.

I figured even if you don't want to give up any of your books, than you could buy a cheap copy at a used bookstore or at Wal-Mart and send that and in return receive 36 books that will probably be pretty decent if other people happened to like them. If any of you are interested let me know asap so I can let my mom know. Because I won't be able to do it if I can't find 6 people that I think will keep their end of the bargain.

5 comments:

KT said...

Well obviously I'm up for the idea. Might as well try it and see what happens!!!

jamfla said...

Can you pick the type of books you want? Because I'm not interested in authors like Danielle Steel, and I could see 40-something women sending me shit like that.

I'd do it though.

Ash said...

i'm in, but i second the danielle steel thing

jamfla said...

I like this theme better than valentine's day. You need to pick the first book club book.

Four the Moment said...

im super excited that YOU have a blog..i feel like ill be more connected with what you are up to now!! and your blog IS cute! all i did was slap up a background and a header picture and i did it cuz i was sad that your blog was holiday themed and mine was those stinkin dots...