Monday, December 1, 2008

oh thanksgiving break... you're always a delight

So I kind of dropped the ball on updating during the second half of November. Oops. So this entry will be an update about what I did over my week and half long Thanksgiving break.

So I went home the weekend before Thanksgiving and this is exactly how it went down. The night I got home I got wasted. The next night I watched movies. My whole time home proceeded in exactly this order. A night of wastedness, then a night of movies and relaxation. When all was said and done I had an emotional week and my liver is also very upset with me, but I think it was much needed to get me back on track. 

I went down an old path that turned out not so good by attempting to contact someone I probably shouldn't be contacting at all and my life would actually greatly benefit from never seeing them ever again. But as JamFla pointed out to me, I must be glutton for punishment. I don't know what my deal is, I guess I just set myself up for failure or something. 

Needless to say I got rejected a few times over break. No big deal, my life is obviously going on as normal. One of them was just unexpected I guess, and ended up hurting my feelings more than I would have imagined. Don't get me wrong, I'm not heart broken or anything, I guess I had just never sorted through those old emotions and was more sad than I would have thought I would be about the outcome of the situation. 

Then I had a falling out with my step-mother, which I was furious about, the whole situation just really ticked me off. I talked to my dad about it a couple days after it happened and he was not upset at all (which was what I was mostly worried about) so all in all the situation is now resolved as far as I'm concerned. In this instance, resolution equals me having strong feelings of dislike for my step-mom butting in my life when it's none of her business, but that is perfectly fine with me. The only reason she means anything to me is because she means so much to my dad. 

I did not go shopping on Black Friday because A) I am NOT a fan of overcrowded stores and crazy ass shoppers and B) I had to work all day. But Jessica and I did go shopping on Saturday and it was the perfect kind of shopping. It was a mission, we knew what we needed and got in and out and there was not an over abundance of perusing and dicking around. And we pretty much got most of our X-mas shopping done for our mom and dad. 

I also watched the movie Step Brothers over break, and I must say that I LOVE that movie. It is so off the wall its awesome, and it is hilarious. I definitely am going to buy it sometime. As most of you know, I also watched Twilight (for the 2nd time actually last night) and while there was some disappointments, overall it was pretty good. I agree with JamFla about the sweaty/sun dilemma. I also think that Rosalie could have been cast better, but oh well. I am excited to own it on DVD so I can fully enjoy the movie in all my full fledged creepy vampire stalker mode without having to worry about being poked in the side every 3 minutes or listening to 12 year olds screech and yell at each other to shut up. I hope this update will do for now. I need to go work on my assistantship stuff.

No comments: