Reasons my life is going somewhere.
1. I have a college degree.
2. I am working on a Master's degree.
3. I have friends and a family that love me.
Reasons my life is going nowhere.
(I understand that some of these things have hidden goodness and maybe I am just being really negative because I'm having a bad day, but still... they suck.)
1. My undergrad degree is pretty much worthless.
2. My Master's degree is also going to be pretty much worthless.
3. I have no idea what kind of career I want.
- and don't say "Oh, you'll figure it out I'm sure" that doesn't help and if I haven't figured it out in 6 years... when will I?
4. Which blends into the fact that I probably won't have a job when I graduate because I don't even know what I should apply for, or what types of jobs I am even qualified for.
- Yes I will have a Master's degree under my belt.. but what does that really mean? If you have a degree that guides you to a specific career (example SLP's) that is awesome.. but mine does not. And I feel completely unqualified to do anything. What skills have I acquired that make me a competitor for ANY type of job???
5. I end my sentences in prepositions frequently (see #4).
6. I have been single for an ungodly amount of time.
- I realize I am picky and that it hasn't been all by choice and I don't "put myself out there" enough so people say... but wtf.. its about damn time... sometimes I feel like God is punishing me and trying to tell me I don't deserve to be happy.
7. I am too picky for my own good.
8. I don't even want to finish my degree.
9. I have a feeling I will just end up moving back to Fort Madison when I graduate which will suck me into a life of loseriness.
- which is not what I want to do. I envision myself living somewhere by a beach but I just don't feel it is realistic and all with ocean side property being expensive, and me not even know what I want to do (but realizing whatever I am going to do isn't going to pay very well) and not having a boyfriend/husband to help pay for a nice beach house, my dream of that and a motorcycle just doesn't appear to be likely.
10. Although my family loves me, sometimes I am not so sure.
- I know people that are annoyed by the fact that their parents call them 5 times a day everyday. And sometimes I am jealous of them. I love my family don't get me wrong, and I know they love me. But sometimes I don't get the love vibe you know? I rarely talk to my dad because that relationship is all screwy, and I feel like my mom and my sister forget about me when I venture to school because they have their busy lives. Last year and this year we aren't even really doing a Thanksgiving together because Jessica does it now with her husband and my mom goes to her boyfriend's Thanksgiving.
11. I have officially hit a plateau in my weight loss.
- I know I've lost 50 pounds and that's awesome, don't get me wrong. But I've been at a stand still and it sucks.
Wow. I am a big fat whiner. I apologize. I just needed to vent, it's just one of those days.
No comments:
Post a Comment