I have slowly (over the past 6 months) grown to strongly dislike my job. It's not the nature of the work I do that I don't enjoy, because I love talking to people and trying to help others. It is the logistics of the company I work for. Many rules and regulations have been implemented in the past 8 months that are getting a bit absurd. These rules and regulations are also implemented without someone fully thinking the process through, and it turns into Rule #1 being changed 5 times and Rule #87 being changed 348 times. Granted, most of these changes are being put into place by the big wigs that haven't actually done the fieldwork part of this job in a long time, and therefore don't think about things that might become troublesome with the new way of doing things. They also tack on these rules without our input, hence the need for a bazillion changes to all of them.
So needless to say I have been applying for a lot of new jobs lately. I have applied for jobs that I am fully qualified for, jobs that I am totally unqualified for, jobs in Fort Madison, jobs in Lee County, jobs in Des Moines, jobs in Minneapolis, etc. I have gotten zero interviews scheduled for any of these jobs so far, so I am starting to become discouraged. JamFla even helped me amp up my resume the past few weeks so I am hopeful that it will help!
Any suggestions about how to snaggle that perfect job? (aka working 10 hours per week and getting paid $50,000/year)
1 comment:
I feel your pain. Hope something turns up for you sooner than later.
As for the 10/hr/week/$50,000....let me in on that shit if you ever figure it out!
Post a Comment